The most recent studies done by the EPA and other private and commercial groups have found the following facts:
- There are over 300,000,000 people now in the United States of America alone.
- On Average, every man, woman and child “casts off” 82 pounds of Pre-Owned clothing, shoes, and other apparel articles a year.
- That amounts to over 82 Billion Pounds a year.
- Of that 82 Billion Pounds annually, only about 15% of it is recycled.
- 85% of those pre-owned items wind up in landfills.
- These items account for approximately 5.2% of the total pounds of refuse that goes into landfills each year.
- Landfill space is getting more expensive and harder to find every year.